Dad decided to give Mom the weekend off and take the girls on a camping trip to Monroe Mountain. They were the first people on the mountain, which means the fishing was good although a bit chilly.
The girls had a great time exploring the tackle box, as Travis baited the hooks. While Daddy was busy, the girls pulled all the cheese out of each bottle and mixed them together. They put cheese on every spinner in the box and then used the excess as play-dough. When Trav returned they were so excited to show him what they'd done. Trav looked at his tackle box, now decorated in multi-colored cheese, and asked, "Where did the sinkers go?" Clanci said, "Oh, I think I put them in there." pointing to a squirrel hole that was too deep to reach into.
Another adventure on that trip was coyote calling. Travis took the girls to a hillside to call coyotes. He told the girls to be very quiet. Cassidi has never been known to sit still, so in a few minutes Trav heard some rustling. He turned around to see Cassi holding two sticks on her head, pretending she was a deer.
Later that night Dad called me to say good-night. I talked to the girls and asked them what they'd done that day. Cassidi said, "We called to coyotes." Mommy-"Oh really? Was it fun?" Cassidi-"We sat there for ten weeks and nothing came."
Despite the creativity of the girls with the tackle box, they caught a lot of fish!

1 comment:
Mag these are some really cute pics. I love the one where they are sitting in the chair looking at each other. Very cute. Oh how I am going to miss warm weather. I am already dreading the long winter.
Post a Comment