This year for Christmas, we have decided to try to focus more on Christ. Instead of candy in the Christmas Count-down Calander, we put slips of paper with a scripture that tells us something that Jesus taught us. A few days ago the scripture was about prayer. The girls were supposed to think of someone who needed help and then pray for them. In the chaos of each evening's scripture, I always wonder if they are "getting" it or even listening. Today something happened that warmed my heart and made me feel it may all be working.
Travis was on the phone with some of his customers this morning. He was battling with them about rumors and back-stabbing conversations of half-truths. When he was finished he was sick and discouraged. He gave us a kiss and left for work. After he left, I said, "Poor Daddy, has to deal with some mean guys at work." Clanci said, "If they are mean to my Daddy I will pinch them with my teeth, like this." then she growled and smapped her teeth together. I said, "Remember how Jesus taught us to pray for those who need help? Do you think we should say a prayer for Daddy?" Clanci readily agreed and climbed onto my lap and said the sweetest prayer for her Dad. Then Cassi climbed on my lap and said another sweet prayer, asking for the "mean guys to just be nice."
I called Travis and told him what happened. I said, "Don't worry, you have a few angels on your side." Travis, with emotion in his voice, said, "What would I do without my angels?"
The Christus at Temple Square in Salt Lake City.
Dad and his girls on Temple Square, S.L.C.

1 comment:
How cute!! :) wish I was closer so I could squeeze those cute little girls. Love you!
Post a Comment