Monday, May 30, 2011

Cute puppy and wild deer

Well, we have had a string of bad luck when it comes to dogs. We had our faithful old Gus, which Travis gave me for Valentines gift, right after we were married. He was a great dog, but got old and had to be put down. Since then, we have had 4 puppies, all of whom have lived for less than a year. It is a tad depressing. Our latest dog "Rhett" was a fun little red healer and we loved him. He was smart and we had high hopes he'd live a long time. Alas, we got the shock of our lives when we discovered an old, old mountain lion prowled onto our back porch and snatched our dog. We were able to track down and kill the mountain lion, but the dog was gone for good. So, here is number 5! Let's hope that 5 is a lucky number. This little puppy is "Ruby". She's a sweety and let's the girls drag her everywhere. Cassidi has an animal-lover heart and she just can't seem to do without her dog.



Dad brought home these deer antlers from a hunting show. The girls have enjoyed playing "deer", around the house.



Cute dog, eh? Let's all pray she lives for a very, very, long time!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Chad and Lisle said...

Love the dog, love the birthday party, love the princess dresses, love the fire place (Sucks that in June we will still be needed the fire place), love the warm St. George and wish we were still there. I always wait for you to update your blog so thanks for finally doing it, ha.

Rustin & Brittany said...

I haven't looked at your blog for awhile. It was so fun to see all those pictures. I know your girls are beautiful but sometimes I forget just how pretty until I look at pictures of them - Holy Cow! They are just so dang pretty! I love love that picture of Travis and Clanci with the pink IFA hat and especially the one of them dancing in the kitchen. Gosh they are cute.